Information on Coronavirus
- The Swiss government announced a countrywide ban on gatherings of more than five people in public spaces. For groups up to 5 persons there has to be a space of 2 meters between the persons.
- Controls are currently being conducted at the borders with Italy, Germany, France and Austria. Only Swiss citizens, persons with a residence permit and persons travelling to Switzerland for professional reasons are allowed to enter the country. Transit traffic remains permitted.
- As of March 17, the Federal Council has banned public and private events. This arrangement applies until 19. April 2020.
- Restaurant establishments, bars and cafés remain closed. The ban does not apply to takeaway establishments, meal delivery services and restaurants for hotel guests.
- All shops and markets remain closed, excluding shops selling food and goods for basic needs
- Entertainment and leisure establishments are closed; namely museums, libraries, cinemas, concert venues, theatres, casinos, sports centres, fitness centres, swimming pools, wellness centres/spas, ski resorts, botanical gardens, zoos and wildlife parks
- Post offices, railway stations, banks, pharmacies, drugsotres and healthcare facilities remain open.
- For further information on the situation in Switzerland please visit: www.bag-coronavirus.ch